Friday, August 12, 2011

Late nights? God, hope this is a phase..

Gosh!  It's been a long time since I've posted.  The reason is this:  late nights with Abram.  He has been staying up, more like refusing to sleep, until 9:00, 9:30, even 10pm some nights!  After that ordeal is over with I'm wayyyy to exhausted to clean, get ready for the next day AND write a post.

I don't understand it.  He sleeps only 1-2 hours for nap time and we play outside as often as we can and yet, 830 his normal bedtime rolls around and he is not having it.  I preform the whole ritual.  The reading of the books, the kissing every toy goodnight, the singing.  He'll lay there in bed and say, "nigh nigh mama".  But, after 10 minutes of being upstairs my "mom ears" prick up and I can here him getting out of bed and playing.

In fact, last night he didn't go to sleep until 9:45.  I found him nearly passed out on the bottom step of the stairs at 9:30.  He held up his little Cars Lightening McQueen figurine and didn't have the strength to say, "li ning" like he always does.

I put him to bed and his eyes were half-closed in a semi-conscious state.  What I usually call "drunk baby" because he has this silly half-smile and he's all wobbly.

So, what gives?  My sitter said all kids go through this.  But, that's usually her answer for everything (just to make me feel better and not like a complete parenting failure).  I suggested eliminate nap time, but state requires that she put the kids under a certain age down for nap.  Or that's her story.  Personally, she (like any human) would probably loose her marbles it if the kids never went down for nap time.

No comments: