Monday, July 18, 2011

And so the Cars Fascination begins...

"Cars" is by FAR the worst pixar movie ever made.  That being said, Abram has a full-out obsession over it.  Everything is "lign" this and "lign" that.  "Lign" is his word for Lightening McQueen.  Ugh, even typing that characters name was difficult.
We have the Cars movie.  We watch bits of it each day.  I say bits because he'll want to watch a specific scene, and really only that scene, and then he's done and wants to do something else.  The scene I'm talking about is when McQueen is trying to master the dirt track and falls off the cliff.  He laughs and laughs and points and looks back and me then back at the TV then back at me and laughs some more.  He often wants me to rewind this part and we'll watch it 5 or 6 times a night.
Then came the Cars thermos.  Which he cherishes dearly and doesn't let anyone else drink out of it.  Then came the Cars clothes.  Which I have to discreetly stash away in the linen closet while he's busy in the bathtub playing with his Cars bathtoys.  If I do not?  He will find them, and no matter how dirty, will want to put them back on.  If I don't allow this, he is thrown into the deepest depths of despair imaginable.  Then came the Cars Toddler Bed (see previous post).
Finally, he has a complete set of Cars merchandise with his new Cars play tent (complete with sleeping bag and flashlight) which is plays in, pretend sleeps in, eats in etc etc etc.  Only, it's portable.  So, he wants to take the whole tent wherever he goes.  In the bathroom to go potty?  Why not take the tent.  In the kitchen for dinner?  Why not take the tent?
Sigh.  It seems I will never be rid of Lightening McQueen and I'm sure I'll be guilted into taking the stinker to see Cars 2.  Wait.  Scratch that, we will rent it.  I will not pay $20 to see it in the theater.  Though, I'm pretty sure this family has already provided the wages for a Pixar employee on what we've purchased....

No comments: