Friday, July 8, 2011

Toddler Bed

June 2011
So Abram started learned how to crawl out of his crib about 1 month ago.  For awhile he would just come upstairs, and I'd bring him back down.  Then he started attempting stunts, or what I lovingly refer to as the "cat nap".  This stunt is performed when he props himself up on the arm of the crib, wraps his arms and legs around the slots, and gingerly rests his head on the 1 inch wide bar.  He thinks this is hilarious.  I, obviously, had a different reaction.

My solution was to drop one of the crib sides down to the lower setting.  He will not fall out, but can manage to climb in and out without giving me a stroke.  I thought I'd work with this for a few months....how I was wrong.

He began attempting new, more dangerous, stunts.  Like standing on the lowered side, while balancing with the short side.  Trying to see how long he could go without holding on.  Some kind of game I think.  No surprisingly, my blood pressure increased exponentially to how long he was able to go without holding on.

My Mom and her boyfriend (for 5-6 years now) bought Abram a plastic Lightening McQueen bed.  *Quick note, I've seen that movie over 40 times now, each time is more painful than the last*  Abram loves it.  He loves saying goodnight to Lightening's face, piling all his stuffed animals up, and most importantly....quick escape route from me.

It's been about a week.  And his bedtime has gone from 8pm to 9pm.  Yet, he still wakes up at 615am each day.......

Ahh, the mysteries of children.

No comments: